Woodsville, New Hampshire 03785
Woodsville, NH Lodging, Dining, Real Estate, Travel & Visitor Information
First granted in 1763, Governor Benning Wentworth named the town Peeling after an English town. Many of the first colonists were originally from Lebanon, Connecticut. In 1771, Governor John Wentworth gave it the name Fairfield, after Fairfield, Connecticut. The town was renamed Woodstock in 1840, for a historic palace in Woodstock, England.
Located on the Connecticut River, opposite Wells River, Vermont at the mouth of Ammonoosuc River this small New Hampshire town serves as a regional shopping and services center for the surrounding towns of Grafton County New Hampshire and nearby Wells River, Vermont. Woodsville is home to Cottage Hospital, a large grocery store, several restaurants, automobile dealerships, a Walmart store, Shaw’s Supermarket, and many small businesses. The old Grafton County Courthouse is located in downtown Woodsville. Woodsville Station, an old railway terminal is located here.
Woodsville, NH Population:
Woodsville, NH Local Information
Woodsville Police Dispatch: 911
NH White Mountain Vacations
New England Living Magazine