Winchester, New Hampshire 03470
Winchester, NH Lodging, Real Estate, Travel & Visitor Information
The town of Winchester, New Hampshire was originally named Arlington, in honor of Charles Fitzroy, Earl of Arlington.
Winchester, New Hampshire (Cheshire County) was one of those towns established in 1733 as protection for the Massachusetts border at the Connecticut River. After becoming part of the New Hampshire province in 1741, the town of Winchester was granted to Colonel Josiah Willard, commander of Fort Dummer – located in nearby Brattleboro, Vermont. Following the wars, it was incorporated as Winchester, for Charles Paulet, Marquis of Winchester, third Duke of Bolton, and constable of the Tower of London.
Winchester, NH Population:
Winchester, NH Local Information
Winchester Police Dispatch: 911
Monadnock Region New Hampshire
New England Living Magazine