Newbury, New Hampshire 03255
Newbury, NH Lodging, Real Estate, Travel & Visitor Information
Newbury, New Hampshire is situated at the south end of Lake Sunapee. This Dartmouth – Lake Sunapee region town has gone through numerous name changes. It started in 1753 as Dantzic, after the Baltic seaport. The first provincial grant in 1754 named the town Hereford, in honor of Edward Devereaux, Viscount Hereford. Governor John Wentworth renewed the grant in 1772 under the name Fishersfield, for his brother-in-law John Fisher. The town finally incorporated as Newbury in 1837, as suggested by settlers originally from Newbury, Massachusetts. Newbury is home to Mount Sunapee, portions of Lake Sunapee, and the lakefront village of Blodgett’s Landing.
Newbury, NH Population:
Newbury, NH Local Information
Newbury Police Dispatch: 911