New Boston, New Hampshire 03040
New Boston, NH Lodging, Real Estate, Travel & Visitor Information
The area known today as New Boston, New Hampshire was first granted by Governor Jonathan Belcher of Massachusetts in 1736 to several Boston families. The town was to have been called Lanestown or Piscataquog Township. Not all the grantees took up their claims, and the land was regranted ten years later to colonizers from Londonderry, New Hampshire. In 1763, Governor Benning Wentworth formally adopted the long-used name of New Boston. The nickname for New Boston is “Gravity Center of the World”. New Boston is still predominately an agricultural area. The New Boston Fairgrounds is the site of the Hillsborough County Agricultural Fair which takes place every September.
New Boston, NH Population:
New Boston, NH Local Information
New Boston Police Dispatch: 911