Lempster, New Hampshire 03605
Lempster, NH Lodging, Real Estate, Travel & Visitor Information
The Sullivan county town of Lempster, New Hampshire was originally granted in 1735 by Massachusetts Governor Belcher as Number 9. Lempster was the ninth in a line of forts established to guard against Indian attacks. Lempster is a rural town in the Dartmouth – Lake Sunapee region. The town is rich in history and is home to New Hampshire’s first wind farm. The wind turbines are located on Bean Mountain – they began generating electricity in 2008.
Lempster was regranted in 1753 by Governor Benning Wentworth, as Dupplin, after Sir Thomas Hay, Lord Dupplin of Scotland, who had been in charge of the settlement of Nova Scotia. Following the Peace of Paris in 1761, when terms of many grants had not been carried out, the town was regranted as Lempster, named for Sir Thomas Fermor of Lempster, England, who was a Wentworth.
Lempster, NH Population:
Lempster, NH Local Information
Lempster Police Dispatch: 911
Official Website: http://www.lempsternh.org/
New England Living