Concord, New Hampshire 03303
Concord, NH Lodging, Real Estate, Dining & Visitor Information
Welcome to Concord, New Hampshire. The first settlement in 1659 was named Penacook, for the Indian name ‘Pannukog,’ meaning crooked place or bend in the river. The first land grant was in 1725, and the town was incorporated as Rumford in 1733. The name was changed to Concord in 1765 upon resolution of a bitter boundary dispute between Rumford and Bow. Concord became the New Hampshire state capital in 1808.
The New Hampshire State House, built in 1818 and first occupied in 1819, is the oldest in continuous use in the country. In 1853, the State granted Concord a city charter. It was in Concord that the Abbotts built the famous Concord Coach, modeled after King George III’s coronation coach. In 1849, C. Austin, of Concord, was granted a patent for a melodeon, a small reed organ that produces music through a bellows operated by a treadle that draws air through reeds.
Concord, NH Population:
Concord, NH Local Information
Concord Police Dispatch: 911
NH Vacation Rentals | NH Country Inns | Top NH Hotels | Resorts
Classified | Golfing | Top NH Events | Attractions | Sweepstakes | Personals
Dining | Real Estate | Skiing | Pet Friendly Lodging | Conferences | Weddings
Products | NH Town Guides | Shopping
New England Living Magazine