NH Snowmobile Safety
New Hampshire Snowmobile Laws & Safety
Thinking of dusting off the snowmobile and hitting the trails again? Are you new to snowmobiling and not sure of trail etiquette and rules? Here are some tips and basic trail rules to help everyone have a fun time and stay safe this winter season.
New Hampshire’s snowmobile trails are among the best in the East. The NH snowmobile season begins in mid_December (depending of course on the weather and snow conditions) and extends through at least February. The NH snowmobile season provides plenty of time for us to explore the vast trail network system throughout the state. The New Hampshire Snowmobile trail system is maintained by the NH Snowmobile Association, an organization of independently incorporated snowmobile clubs.
New Hampshire Snowmobile Safety & Resorts
Official snowmobile trails have signs that inform the snowmobiler about the trails. A trail diamond for instance is used to mark official trails. Directional arrows are also used to help prevent snowmobilers from getting lost. Arrows or chevrons are used to warn riders of sharp curves, these are similar to the chevrons that are used on roadways to mark a sharp curve. A sign with diagonal black and yellow stripes is used to mark objects and obstructions that sit along the side of a trail. There are many signs used to mark snowmobile trails, the majority of which are similar to road signs.
Registration fees are required whether you are a resident of the state or not. The fee goes to a variety of places the majority of it going towards upkeep and care for the snowmobile trails themselves as well as new trails and maintenance equipment. This is done largely through government grants to individual towns and snowmobile clubs that then use the money for the trails.
While riding the standard is to ride to the right, like cars on a road. Staying to the right will help everyone’s day run a lot smoother and keep everyone safe. It is important to use hand signals while riding so that everyone else on the trail knows what you are doing, they cannot read your thoughts. Most of the hand signals used are the same as when riding a bike. Also, keep in mind that not only is it dangerous to operate a snowmobile while intoxicated it is illegal.
Bring a map and stay on marked trails. It is dangerous enough if you are lost or injured on marked trails but if you are not even on an official trail it will be increasingly more difficult to find you and that could cost you more than just a day of fun. Another way to get into trouble real fast is to snowmobile alone. If you are with friends and something happens they can help. If you are alone you can easily find yourself stranded miles from help. Something else that is good to know is that even though some trails pass through private property the landowner is not responsible for the upkeep or safeness of the trail.
The best suggestion is to use some good old fashion common sense. The vast network of trails available offers plenty of fun for many winter seasons. To keep the fun coming simply follow the rules, respect the land and everyone will be able to have fun and more importantly return another day for more.
Shop Snowmobile Equipment
- Sound by JBL: Truly unrivaled sound quality and performance at all speeds. Premium audio clarity optimized for use in a helmet. Streaming music, phone calls, intercom, and GPS navigation never sounded so good
- “Hey Siri” / “Ok Google” voice activation. Cardo’s Natural Voice Operation enhances ease and safety by reducing the need to interface with a specific button or wheel. 20+ onboard commands in multiple languages control many aspects of the device
- iOS and Android Cardo Connect App for full remote control ability and complete command of device settings/presets
- Universal Fitment: compatible with all helmet makes and models. For use with a half helmet, the Cardo Half Helmet Kit is required - ASIN B01AXDGWPU
- ♕MATERIAL - DOT Safety Standard, Beautiful glossy UV protective finished, Light weight but extremely durable composite shell, keeps your kids safe and comfy while riding!
- ♕INTERIOR - Heavily cushioned, breathable and very comfortable interior, Removable and washable padding, well vented all purpose product for everywhere you ride in summer or winter
- ♕FUN RIDES AND GIFTS - Various interesting and fashion patterns design makes this helmet funny and cool; Great for youth kids dirt bike, off-road, street riding, etc, absolutely a sweet birthday/Christmas gift for children
- ♕HELMET SIZE - S/M/L/XL Size For Youth; Small:19.15 / 19.50 Inches; Medium:20.10 / 20.45 Inches; Large:20.87 / 21.26 Inches; X-Large(=Adult S):21.65 / 22.5 Inches
- ♕PACKAGE INCLUDED - 1 x Helmet,1 x Helmet Bag,1 x Goggles (One Size),1 x Pair Gloves (One Size). 100% Brand New!
- METAL TO METAL STRONG - The Helmet Clip is Stainless Steel Constructed. Avoid plastic helmet strap mounts or other chin strap clips where the metal has been altered.
- EASY TO INSTALL - This is a Kit, designed to make it easy to install on your helmet chin strap. You may need to remove a small plastic clip from the end of your chinstrap. Other than that, you can mount our chin strap adapter without the need of tools or sewing. If you remove the small plastic snap from your helmet and decide later you want to remove the clip, the plastic kam-snap can be replaced esialy. Beware of non-kit clips out there. They require sewing the strap. This would not be safe!
- INSTALLS ON HELMET D-RINGS - Scan the QR Code for video! The Helmet Clip uses a Double Nylon Strap Mounting System to quick connect to your helmet. The dual strap system feeds though the helmet D-Rings the same way you would feed your helmet chin strap. The heavy duty stainless utility snaps keeps everything neat.
- EXTENDS HELMET CHIN STRAP LENGTH - If you are in need of a little more chin strap length for your motorcycle, motocross, or snowmobile helmet, the Helmet Clip may be just what you are looking for as speed clip replacement for your existing retention system. Because the strap lenght will increase by approximately 1 inch, the Helmet Clip works best on 3/4 open face or half helmets.
- SMOOTH RATCHETED BUCKLE - Our stainless steel buckle is very easy to use, even while wearing gloves. Our research shows our metal ratcheted chin strap was preferred over plastic ratcheted buckles, metal seat belt type buckles or pinch and squeeze together chin strap adapter kits.
- SATISFIED CUSTOMERS - It is our goal to ensure our customers have a positive buying expirience. We understand that sometimes a product purchased online may not meet your expitations. Should, for any reason, you were not satisfied with your purchase, please reach out to us via the Contact Seller link in you order. Please, for any reason you may want to return the Helmet Clip, we ask that you DO NOT choose the option that the item is DEFECTIVE unless the Helmet Clip was damaged in some way.
- Great and Beautiful UV protective finished,Light weight extremely durable
- Well vented all purpose product for summer or winter riding Main
- Sleek modular design,Flip up modular helmets
- Helmet Size: Youth Small(19.15 / 19.506 Inch); Youth Medium(20.10 / 20.45 Inch); Youth Large(20.87 / 21.26 Inch),Youth XL:(21.65 / 22.5 Inch)
- Package Included: 1 x Helmet,1 x Helmet Bag,1 x Goggles,1 x Pair Gloves
- LET THE RAINBOW COLOR THIS WINTER FABULOUS: The 6 original Fashion Dolls get a Winter makeover so they can fashionably hit the slopes with their friends. Violet has her own unique style showcased in her two outfits and winter fashion essential snow gear making for endless imaginative, creative story-telling fun with this playset. Collect the Rainbow.
- 2 MIX AND MATCH OUTFITS: Violet comes with 2 complete winter doll outfits in her signature purple color and snow gear doll accessories. Dress her in each look, then mix and match the trendsetting fashions that will keep her warm on and off the slopes.
- WINTER GEAR: Violet comes with all her essential winter gear including stylish earmuffs, winter boots and skis that have working bindings. This playset will give kids endless joy and imaginative storytelling entertainment.
- ICE SKATES: After hitting the slopes, your fashion doll can join friends on the ice.
- SKI TO PLAY AND DISPLAY: She's fully articulated and posable. You can pose and play with her on the skis. Skis also transform into a doll stand so you can display her as well.
- Heat Retention: When it comes to warmth and everyday wear, these long johns for men is designed specifically for you to stay protected from the cold.
- Ultra Soft Fleece: Designed with a fleece lining & quality material, these ultra soft mens thermal underwear set will keep you feeling comfortable throughout the day.
- Moisture Wicking: Stay dry with these long underwear mens as they're made from breathable fabric that effectively wicks away moisture and perspiration.
- 4 Way Stretch: Made with stretchable material, these thermals for men allows you freedom of movement with no chafing or bunching up when you move.
- Layer Up: Layering is essential to ward off the cold, so bundle up with a pair of mens thermals this winter and stay comfortable while outside or in bed as a pajama.
- MAKE HIKING A COMFORTABLE EXPERIENCE These Merino wool hiking socks are built to provide you with total support and comfort during your hiking trips, no matter the weather. Each pair of these hiking boot socks is ideal for the rugged terrain, allowing these to be great mens or women's hiking socks
- ITCH FREE MATERIAL These wool hiking socks come blended with nylon to promote a comfortable, itch free experience. Ultra comfortable, these women and mens hiking socks won't cause you to pause in your step to scratch at your foot or readjust the calf height sock
- KEEP YOUR FEET WARM DURING COLD WINTER HIKES With these hiking socks, women and men alike can enjoy the comfortable warmth that these cozy socks provide. Especially good for the colder months, each winter sock in the pair of men and womens wool socks will keep out the cold and moisture that wintertime often affords
- SUPERIOR CUSHIONING IN THE FOOTBED These mens and womens hiking socks offer a shaped cushioning in their footbed to promise a more comfortable trek up the mountain. Through the use of these mens wool socks, women and men can enjoy less fatigue and pain in their feet after a long day of hiking in these ladies wool socks
- SIMPLE TO CARE FOR When you get home, these wool socks mens accessories can be washed easily. Just put these women and mens hiking socks in the wash on cold and these wool socks will be good to go. Two Size Available Small-Medium (Fits Shoe size: Men 5-9.5/ Women 6-10.5) and Medium-Large (Fits Shoe size: Men 9.5–14/Women 11-15)
- FORCED WARM AIR - dryer works on four garments simultaneously; boots, gloves, helmets, hats and more
- WHISPER QUIET - rotary blower with a 3-hour timer; heats to 105°F/40.5°C will not harm any liners or garments
- KEEPS SHOES FRESH - wet, soggy footwear is a breeding ground for unwanted odors. Dries most items in 1 to 2 hours
- INCLUDES - two removable extension tubes for use with boots up to 16 inches tall; heat or no-heat switch
- DIMENSIONS - 12 inches deep x 7.5 inches high x 15 inches wide; 6-foot power cord; 1 year Warranty
- 100% Other Fibers
- 85 grams ThermaTech Insulation offers warmth in a lightweight, low bulk garment (keeps you warm at temperatures from 20 to 35 degrees)
- Adjustable comfort suspenders for the perfect fit with elasticized side gussets for maximum motion
- 600 Denier Ballistic are used to reinforce the ankle, scuff and hem guards to hold up against daily wear and tear
- Boot zippers for easy on and off, along with convenient O-ring for keys/gloves/lift tickets
- Boot gaiters with grippers form a seamless integration with boots to keep warmth in and moisture out
- Adjustable suspenders offer customized fit, plus elasticized side gussets to accommodate extra mobility
New England Living Magazine