New Hampshire Boating Safety
Tips For Staying Safe on NH Waters
With hundreds of lakes, ponds, and rivers, New Hampshire is a boaters’ paradise. Summer residents usually get their boats in the water by mid June and enjoy the season until October. Boat slips can be hard to find at some New Hampshire marinas. Boat rentals and boat sales are available at many New Hampshire marinas, and they contribute to New Hampshire’s robust economy. Ask us about NH Boating or share Marina comments.
NH Boating & Watercraft Safety
Essential safety tips for safe boating include the following
- Always wear your life jacket. Falling overboard into cold water will take the breath away from the strongest swimmer. Remember, life jackets only work when you are wearing them.
- Read and obey your boat’s safety limit. Distribute weight evenly throughout the boat. Standing in a boat accounts for many spills overboard. It is best to remain seated unless absolutely necessary.
- Be aware of the weather before heading out and especially aware while on the water.
- Never drink alcohol while boating. A typical day in a boat without drinking can impair reaction time as much as being legally drunk.
- The most important thing to remember is to leave a float plan. Tell someone when and where you are going, and when you expect to return. It is better to tell a loved one who will express more concern if you don’t return on time.
- Carry a loud whistle, air blast can, flare and a cell phone. You never know when you need to summon help.
~ Erik for nhliving.com
NH Boating & Marinas
Great North Woods NH Boating
Berlin, Colebrook, Errol, Dixville, Lancaster, Pittsburg
White Mountain NH Boating
North Conway, Lincoln, Woodstock, Littleton, Franconia, Gorham, Jackson, Sugar Hill, Whitefield, Waterville Valley
Lakes Region NH Boating
Laconia, Rochester, Plymouth, Ossipee, Meredith, Ashland, Wolfeboro, Bristol, Winnipesaukee
Dartmouth Lake Sunapee NH Boating
Lebanon, Hanover, Claremont, Newport, Tilton, Lyme, Plainfield, Newport
Monadnock NH Boating
Keene, Peterborough, Fitzwilliam, Westmoreland, Chesterfield
Merrimack Valley NH Boating
Manchester, Concord, Nashua, Salem, Derry, New London, Merrimack, Loudon
Seacoast NH Boating
Portsmouth, Dover, Durham, Hampton, Exeter, Rye, Hampton Beach